Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gossip: Abby's Opinion


Is Miley Cyrus a good role model for her millions of adoring fans? Shanica Knowles, a Hannah Montana co-star, says "Definitely." - from People.com

While some fans might say, "She's the best!", I beg to differ, along with the rest of the world. The Hannah Montana show is aimed at preteen girls, so if you're a high-school freshman, you need to see a shrink. Hannah Montana is just another brand/show that Disney is trying to promote, making it a "superstar". Compared to the real singers, the Hannah Montana concept just falls short. On its face. Miley's "songs" are not all that deep. What can you make of this one?

"Who Said"

I'm more than just
You're average girl
I'd like to turn me up
And show the world

Cause some can talk the talk
This girl just wants to rock
I'm individual
I'm not like anyone

I can be glamorous
Just like you see in all the magazines
I can be cool as ice
Or anything I want to be

Who said, who said I can't be Superman
I say, I say that I know I can
Who said, who said I won't be President
I say, I say you ain't seen nothin' yet

Go on and make some noise

Every girl has a choice
To lead their own parade
I do it my way


I can be soft and sweet
Or louder than the radio
I can be sophisticated
Or totally go out of control

Who said, who said I can't be Superman
I say, I say that I know I can
Who said, who said I'm not electrified
I say, I say

There's no holdin' back
Stayin' right on track
Cause you control the game
So let them know your name

No limitations on imagination
Imagine that

Who said, who said I can't be worldwide
I say, I say time is on my side
Who said, who said i can't be ten feet tall
I say, I say that i can have it all


Not deep, at all. The song just repeats itself, over and over again. Yeah, we got that the first time. No need to repeat that again. Miley really does have a great singing voice, but I'd really like to know who exactly is the songwriter.

Also, the Hannah Montana brand is a sell-out. I see people wearing Hannah Montana screen shirts, from Target or Walmart. And yet, when I go into Neiman Marcus, I can see Tweety Bird charm bracelets. Where, exactly, is Disney going to go? Upscale or downscale?

-Abby



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more...

Anonymous said...

wat the hell r they talk'n about n that song i agree miley cyrus is n airhead.

Anonymous said...

hey i luv hannah montanta but this kinda makes since. i mean this makes alotta since. Prewitt was right u guys have an amazing blog