Yes it is. Died two years ago. At least in the trendy Los Angeles area. Here, people are either real preppy (no fitch or hollister for us!) or really hippie-retro-vintage.
Think big sunglasses, wild colors, highwaisted pleated skirts with granny cardigans. Anything that looks funky and from a vintage store. Big, bold bangles, and Forever 21 and Juicy Couture clunky necklaces in exchange for the elegant Chanel and Tiffany ones (for the hippies. the preps love chanel, but tiff's is for middle-class posers).
Ya know the wild, crazy, Teen Vogue spreads that you admire, but don't have the guts to wear? Yeah, well, most crazy-cool outfits in those pages are standard LA outfits.
Stores most of us shop at- vintage stores on Melrose and Rodeo, Juicy Couture, Forever 21, Marc Jacobs, Kitson, American Apparel, Fred Segal, Planet Funk, and the like.
Jean brands cali girls love: Seven, Blue Cult, True Religion, Genetic Denim, Citizens of Humanity, and Denim of Immortality.
I'll be posting a hippie-retro outfit on f.c.p. soon....
- Abby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Forever 21. I am a total prep. Seven jeans - my fav. Love some of the outfits on f.c.p. I live in Florida but I am not origionally from here. I have lived all over. Some of these Floridians do not know how to dress. They just end up looking like slobs or wannabes. I hate it.
totally feel your pain, Amy. I live in Tampa, and just moved here.. from Chicago.
Girls here are wannabe- pacific preps. And they have an obsession with middle-classy Coach...ewwwww
Worse of all: their Chanel bags. Tote-ally fake.
Post a Comment