Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Parents.

The really nice bag that I want.




I've been noticing that I have a lot of $ in my purse. Not to make people feel uncomfortable.


But the thing is, the boring $ in my purse can be used to buy something more fun-- maybe a Prada purse? How about a Palm Centro?


So I asked my parents. Here's how it went.


Parents: No way are you buying a $2,280 purse.


Me: But it's limited-edition! And it's made of leather! And my purse is ugly! And it's old! And I want a new one!


Parents: No, young lady. Not unless you have money to buy it yourself.


Me (taking out my money): I do have enough! Now can I please please buy it? Please?


Parents: (Pause). What will you do when you buy your Prada purse? Will you have any more money left over? No.


Me: But, so? I have enough right now!


Parents: We can't just teach you to spend, spend, spend. You have to work for your money, and you have to save it, too. You don't want to get bankrupt when you're older, right?


Me: *sigh*. I guess not. But I'm gonna get a job over the summer! And I can earn more money!


Parents: End of discussion. We'll see about that when you actually get a job.


(I, unlike Abby, don't have it made. Because she's lucky enough hopefully work at Neiman Marcus or whatever other boutique.)



- Ally

1 comment:

Very-Victoria said...

Okay 1st of all you have 2,280 dollars.. woahh babyy. But you got to think how many other things you can buy with tthat money. I wouldn't put in on 1 thing. But your parents are kinda a wack about saying we just can't teach to spend spend spend. Whats the point of money than. nice blog - very victoria