Monday, March 31, 2008

Lesson By Example #1: The Competitive Overachiever

Not to be mean, but everyone hates "Kory". She is this super-smart girl, a striver. She excels at violin, kicks butt in art class, and is an all-around genius. In all fields except social/political relationships. In that field, she is basically, a retard.
Kory doesn't know how to interact with people. She has this illusion that everyone is competing with her, that everyone wants to sabotage her. As if!
Me and my friends have tried to make friends with her, just out of pity. We try to sit next to her during lunch, but she moves to another table. It's like she wants to be a lonely oddball. It's like she's afraid that some of her "special-geniusness" will rub off on us.
Kory is super-secretive. She doesn't tell us her grades, except when it's like, way better than ours, and then she flashes it repeatedly under our noses, all the time, trying to look modest and failing horribly at it. And when we have better grades than her, she acts moody.
She's a stuck-up bitch. There. I said it.
And in the future, when she goes to work, nobody will care how many, I don't know, share-holding clients she has earned for the hedge-fund managing corporation. All they will care is that, again, she is a stuck-up bitch. That way, she'll suffer the consequences, by not having friends. And as everyone knows, having connections is very important (I found out that a friend's dad was a writer, and he had a literary agent, and that way, I got my foot in the publishing door. And btw- I'm not an adult posing as a teen. I managed to write a book at this young age of....anyway, getting off-topic. As usual.).
Lesson learned? Don't be competitive. Just like if the cake is too small to be shared, bake a bigger cake. You'll reap twice the number of rewards. And some glamour/popularity/friends along the way.

-Abby

1 comment:

lefobserver said...

PLEASE
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF ZIMBABWE AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU
lefobserver.blogspot.com